- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and thinly shredded
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (green part only)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- Fresh mixed greens to garnish.
Combine first six ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-hour.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and butter in skillet over med-high heat. Add the scallops and sauté for 1 minute, until they just start to get firm. Add 4-6 tablespoons of the lime ginger sauce to the skillet to completely coat all the scallops. Continue to sauté for another 3-5 minutes, until scallops are firm and opaque on the inside and golden brown on the outside. If pan becomes dry add more sauce as needed. Serve on a bed of mixed spring greens and additional sauce on the side.